The world is seeing a rare outbreak of a virus, that has caused people to self-isolate and be socially distant from others. People are bolting themselves inside their homes, decreasing social associations, and community activities to the absolute minimum.
Today, we are going to discuss how a cup of coffee a day will help you regain your immune power in this critical pandemic situation when the virus is quite active and everyone is stuck at home. And well, if you’re worried that consuming too much coffee will impact your teeth, we have got you covered because Build-A-Smile will be more than ready to provide its professional teeth whitening services once the pandemic is over.
The first question that comes in your mind regarding this outbreak is, how can you boost your immune system to protect yourself from COVID-19?
Are any foods or supplements effective in boosting the immune system and thus protecting us better in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic?
COVID-19 is an infection that weakens the immune system with no vaccine discovered yet. However, the potential consequences of the virus could be different if your defense system is strong enough to fight it, and that is only possible if you have a well-balanced diet.
On the other hand, COFFEE is known to be one of the best beverages to improve the immune system.
BENEFITS AND USAGE OF COFFEE DURING COVID-19
Coffee is one of the healthiest beverages in the world. And with the massive spread of COVID-19, it can significantly help us maintain our health in various ways. It can also help us cope up with isolation, stress and pandemic anxiety.
Every normally constituted adult has already had a cup of coffee at least once. In fact, there are many benefits of being part of the majority of the population drinking coffee every day. Also, because of the massive pandemic, people are now drinking more coffee than consumed before.
Coffee contains vitamin B1, vitamin B3, vitamin B2, vitamin B5, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and manganese – all the nutrients that are part of the recommended daily allowance for a healthy diet.
Even though moderate amounts of coffee can be healthy for you, this potentially means that a lot more people could have yellow stains on their teeth.
Here are some reasons why you should get up every morning with a pleasant smell of coffee.
- Coffee is a primary source of antioxidants.
- Smelling coffee can have a de-stressing effect.
- Drinking coffee is excellent for the liver (especially if you drink alcohol).
- Coffee helps in decreasing depression and makes you happier especially when you’re stuck at home.
- With the use of coffee, there will be fewer chances of developing skin cancer.
- Coffee before a workout increases athletic performance.
- It acts as a mild antidepressant and can reduce the suicide rate.
- Drinking coffee would keep your brain healthy for longer.
- Coffee also decreases the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Its consumption can significantly reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease or delay its approach.
Coffee is mainly consumed as a hot drink. However, you can also use it in various forms, such as coffee pastries, coffee candies, and coffee cakes. It can also be used in the preparation of countless desserts: mousses, creams, pastry creams, ice creams, or sorbets.
IN WHAT WAYS CAN CAFFEINE AID YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM?
Our immune system is perfectly designed to fight diseases and viruses. But unfortunately, because of the hard modern life, stress, lack of exercise, and poor diet can reduce the power of our immune system. These missing factors prevent our bodies from effectively fighting the disease.
During this pandemic, coffee can come to your rescue. Caffeine helps with boosting your immune system in the following ways:
- Polyphenol antioxidants present in coffee assist in forestalling major diseases such as diabetes, heart problems, neurological diseases, osteoporosis, and cancers.
- L-theanine has a metabolic product, Ethylamine. It is a substance present in black tea. Ethylamine primes the reaction of certain T cells, which helps the defense system to protect the body against diseases and infections.
- These positive effects mostly happen with moderate levels of caffeine intake. Consuming 400 milligrams of caffeine about three to four cups of brewed coffee, are perceived as a protected or moderate amount of caffeine for healthy adults. However, young people should not consume caffeine more than 100 mg per day.
CAN TOO MUCH COFFEE BE DANGEROUS?
Consuming coffee (in moderation) has many benefits to the body! Thanks to its excellent nutritional richness. However, we always need to be careful as excessive consumption of coffee will, on the contrary, be very bad for the body. Therefore, it is necessary, like all other foods, not to abuse it.
And don’t forget the side effects of excessive coffee consumption:
- Coffee influences sleep because of its high caffeine content.
- It can increase the risk of cardiovascular accidents in the event of overconsumption.
- This drink can be a problem if you have an arrhythmia or other heart problems.
- Heavy coffee drinkers who suddenly stop taking coffee may experience headaches and irritability for a few days. Weaning is gradual.
HOW BUILD-A-SMILE WILL BE READY TO WHITEN YOUR TEETH ONCE THE PANDEMIC IS CONTAINED
Build-A-Smile has always been at the forefront of providing the best teeth whitening services. If you’re worried about teeth stains because of consuming too much coffee, Build-A-Smile is here for you.
Schedule an appointment with us or call us at 980-207-2075.